vmtune parameters ?

Post by frhu » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 23:16:34

Hi,

I'd like to know which parameter of vmtune I have to set in order to define
the levels at which system starts swapping

thanks

vmtune parameters ?

Post by Crepald » Wed, 04 Sep 2002 01:37:33

The main parameters to set is maxperm and mimperm.

In most cases use /usr/samples/kernel/vmtune -P30 and
/usr/samples/kernel/vmtune -p10 fot eliminate desnecessary swap.

Remember that this parameters need to set in /etc/inittab or in the next
boot the default values appear again...

hubs
Ricardo Crepaldi
System Administrator
Brazil

Originally posted by Frhu

Quote:> Hi,

> I'd like to know which parameter of vmtune I have to set in order to
> define the
> levels at which system starts swapping

thanks

1. vmtune parameters -c and -W (write-behind)

Hello,

I have looked through the documentation for AIX-tuning and the redbook
for database performance.

The parameters '-c' sequential write behind) and '-W'(random write
behind) are explained but I have yet to see any suggestions for
specific environments and uses. When to set them and what values. Are
these in any way dependant on the settings for the other vmtune parameters?

Anyone out there who has experience with these settings?

AIX 4.3.3.75, Oracle 8.5, No raw partitions.

TYI,

Hans Chr. Riksheim

--
HC

2. gets() during signal

3. Vmtune minperm & maxperm parameters

4. Unable to detect external scsi disk

5. vmtune & schedtune parameters

6. OT: test -- disregard

7. Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters

8. CD ripper under FreeBSD

9. How to get HP-UX10.01 kernel parameter and RedHat Linux6.2 kernel parameter ?

10. replacing parameters' names with parameters' values

11. ulimit parameter mapping to kernel parameters

12. passing parameter to shell function as in the normal unix commands (not positional parameter)

13. Parameters and parameter expansion in bash/ksh