Writing at datalink level using libpcap (BPF)

Writing at datalink level using libpcap (BPF)

Post by mark_sim.. » Fri, 11 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Has anyone successfully written to the data link layer using the
libpcap library (using BPF) on AiX ? Can anyone point me to information
on the ioctl() BIOC... calls for BPF devices ?

  thanks, Mark

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Dave Marquard » Fri, 11 Feb 2000 04:00:00

> Has anyone successfully written to the data link layer using the
> libpcap library (using BPF) on AiX ? Can anyone point me to information
> on the ioctl() BIOC... calls for BPF devices ?

First, our current BPF is there ONLY to support tcpdump.  As such,
BPF's d_write device driver entry point doesn't do anything except
return errors.

-Dave

1. TCPDUMP,LIBPCAP & BPF WHERE CAN I FIND A PORT TO LINUX

Does anyone know where I can find TCPdump Libpcap & BPF , as I understand
that there are ports to Linux.
I require a packet filtering mechanism to pass packets to the user level
as I am doing a Thesis project which involves user level protocol
implemenatations and BPF appears to be the best approach.

2. LaTeX

3. libpcap / bpf fails to load new packet filter

4. Filter files whose date is greater than a given value

5. LBL tcpdump, libpcap and bpf released (Linux now supported)

6. Another find problem

7. libpcap - writing using Linux SOCK_PACKET

8. reading elm attachments

9. Writing On AIX Using Libpcap

10. Write Using Libpcap on Aix

11. datalink level