mail local configuration error

Post by yang sh » Fri, 08 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Everybody,
        I got my AIX/RS6000 upgraded from 4.1.5 to 4.2 yesterday.
Now I have mail problem. I can send mails out from it , but it cannot
receive mails. The returned mail from this machine gave me this error
msg.: config error: mail loops back to me/Local configuration error. I
checked file /etc/sendmail.cf and nothing wrong with it.
        The previous administrator left a document said:
" The directory /var/spool/amil is a link to /home/perseus/mail ..." I
don't know whether this cause my problem. And are there any conf. files I
should check?

Thanks a lot and have a happy new year!
Yang

Post by Jack Gos » Sat, 09 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>Everybody,
>    I got my AIX/RS6000 upgraded from 4.1.5 to 4.2 yesterday.
>Now I have mail problem. I can send mails out from it , but it cannot
>receive mails. The returned mail from this machine gave me this error
>msg.: config error: mail loops back to me/Local configuration error. I
>checked file /etc/sendmail.cf and nothing wrong with it.

Take a look at the Cw line and make sure your machine name and any and
all aliases for it are there.

--

1. Sendmail returns all mail (local configuration error)

My sendmail is returning all incoming mail with an error message of
local configuration error.  It was working fine, until my service
provider changed my domain name.  I know it has to be something simple,
but I just can't find it.  I have changed the hostname, domain name
in every file that used in in the /etc directory.  Can somebody please
tell me where else to look

thanks, jconley

2. errors installing sshd2 on mandrake 7

3. sendmail returns all incoming mail (local configuration error) - miscpost.nws [1/1]

4. Help with basic Solaris enviroment setup

5. Email errors - Local configuration error

6. how I can find processor which use a certain port num

7. mail.local: lockmailbox /var/mail/mikea failed; error code 75

8. Accented characters

9. HELP: e-mail error: host name configuration error -- Returned mail: Service unavailable

10. Sendmail: local configuration error

11. local configuration error with sendmail?

12. sendmail "Local configuration error"

13. E-mail to Solaris: Local configuration error?