mkuser and random paswd generation

Post by Jim Chiva » Wed, 30 Jan 2002 06:35:20

Greetings:

Does any one have a script that can generate a random passwords for a list
new users.

I want to create a file with first and last names of some new users and
then read this into a script that will create the mkuser command with a
random genertaed password.

Thanks

Jim

--

Post by S.Llabre » Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:50:51

> Greetings:

> Does any one have a script that can generate a random passwords for a list
> new users.

> I want to create a file with first and last names of some new users and
> then read this into a script that will create the mkuser command with a
> random genertaed password.

> Thanks

Im using a small C program at work.
Just as an idea, try this one:

#!/usr/bin/perl
if ($]<5.005) {
        srand(time);

Quote:}

for($N=0;$N<8;$N++)
{
        do {
                $I=48+rand(75);
        } while ((($I>57) && ($I<65)) ||
                 (($I>90) && ($I<97)));
        $S.=chr($I);
Quote:}

print "$S\n";

Bye, Stefan...  .     .           .

1. Random Generation of Numbers?

Hello.

This may sound like a strange request, but I am looking for code
(actually a simple script) that will randomly generate numbers between 1
and 44 (whole numbers) 6 million times and then output the 6 most
frequently generated numbers.

Why you ask...seems like a neat way to come up with guesses for the
lottery, while possibly increasing your odds. (Then again, maybe not).
But I am still interested.

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks.

Scott

2. alsa sound

3. Random number generation in Kernel

4. Slow linux sockets ?

5. Hooks for random device entropy generation missing in cpqarray.c

6. continuing after a floating point exceptions (FPE) and maximizing FP performance using ccc or gcc

7. Random Text Generation

8. iostat for slices ?

9. Random number generation in Kernel program

10. Random Number Generation with Linux (using BSD) and BSD

11. random PID generation

12. Random text generation and encryption

13. Random password generation