turn off:force new user to change login password

turn off:force new user to change login password

Post by Mark Thoma » Sun, 06 Jun 1999 04:00:00

When I add a user in AIX, the first time the user logs in he is forced
to key in a new password.  Can this be turned off as a default?

Thanks for your help
Mark Thomas

turn off:force new user to change login password

Post by H?kan Rissane » Sun, 06 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Use pwdadm -c <username> to turn off. Can't AFAIK be turned off by
default.

/H?kanen

> When I add a user in AIX, the first time the user logs in he is forced
> to key in a new password.  Can this be turned off as a default?

> Thanks for your help
> Mark Thomas

1. How to force new user to change password at 1st login?

Hi: Another question for you Linux guru..... I am new to Linux. I don't
know how to force the new user on my system to change their password at
their first login. Please let me know the answer....

Lai
--
-qH?tao?voaoDVN?O:H?t??Lakq?voDV.
                                                -- Da?e--

2. Scripts for ppp-on, ppp-on-dialer, ppp-off

3. Forcing users to change password on first login

4. Linux ISA Modem Problem

5. Force user to change password on next login (runlevel 5)

6. Maxpeed doc&drv

7. How to turn off echo when read password from user ?

8. RH compatible hardware questions

9. How to force password change at next login

10. force password change at next login via KDM or GDM

11. force password change at next login

12. One-time forcing of a user to change their password.

13. forcing users to change passwords