Rs/6000 CPU type and CPU number

Post by Hirosh » Thu, 29 May 2003 22:37:13

Dear all
I don't have a lot of feeling with Rs/6000 boxes and AIX o.s.
My manager ask me to gather all information about our AIX box (some
7009-C10/C20, 7025-F50, BULL ESCALA and 7 SP/2 nodes).
I already gather memory, disk and cpu speed (with a procedure found on this
newsgroup), but I'm not able to know the CPU type and number of CPU.
I know for example that our 7009-C10 is running PowerPC 604 cpu (I think
so), but how can check it?

I tried unsuccesfully with lscfg or uname, but didn't work.

Any helps will be appreciated
thanks a lot to all

Regards
       Hiroshi - ITALY

Post by Hubert Quarantel-Colomban » Thu, 29 May 2003 23:47:17

> Dear all
> I don't have a lot of feeling with Rs/6000 boxes and AIX o.s.
> My manager ask me to gather all information about our AIX box (some
> 7009-C10/C20, 7025-F50, BULL ESCALA and 7 SP/2 nodes).
> I already gather memory, disk and cpu speed (with a procedure found on this
> newsgroup), but I'm not able to know the CPU type and number of CPU.
> I know for example that our 7009-C10 is running PowerPC 604 cpu (I think
> so), but how can check it?

> I tried unsuccesfully with lscfg or uname, but didn't work.

> Any helps will be appreciated
> thanks a lot to all

> Regards
>        Hiroshi - ITALY

Hi,

For the CPU number lsdev -C -c processor should help you find it

and lscfg -vp -l <processor> should you find the CPU type...

Hubert.

Rs/6000 CPU type and CPU number

Post by Bradder » Fri, 30 May 2003 00:19:55

Also try (omit the quotes)

"lscfg -v"

also for each device listed in an lscfg, try "lsattr -El {dev}", example:
"lsattr -El mem0"

The number of procesors can be found by just doing "lscfg | grep proc" which
will list every processor, e.g. proc0, proc1 etc

Use lsattr after that to get more details (although I'm not sure how you fid
out the clock speed)

Example:

$ lscfg | grep proc

+ proc0 00-00 Processor

+ proc2 00-02 Processor

$ lsattr -El proc0

state enable Processor state False

type PowerPC_RS64-III Processor type False

$

Quote:> Dear all
> I don't have a lot of feeling with Rs/6000 boxes and AIX o.s.
> My manager ask me to gather all information about our AIX box (some
> 7009-C10/C20, 7025-F50, BULL ESCALA and 7 SP/2 nodes).
> I already gather memory, disk and cpu speed (with a procedure found on
this
> newsgroup), but I'm not able to know the CPU type and number of CPU.
> I know for example that our 7009-C10 is running PowerPC 604 cpu (I think
> so), but how can check it?

> I tried unsuccesfully with lscfg or uname, but didn't work.

> Any helps will be appreciated
> thanks a lot to all

> Regards
>        Hiroshi - ITALY

Rs/6000 CPU type and CPU number

Post by Mark Taylo » Fri, 30 May 2003 00:04:25

lsdev -Ccproc*
lscfg -vp | grep -p "Processor Card"
lsattr -EHl proc0

Rgds
Mark

Post by Hirosh » Fri, 30 May 2003 17:13:51

> Also try (omit the quotes)

> "lscfg -v"

> also for each device listed in an lscfg, try "lsattr -El {dev}", example:
> "lsattr -El mem0"

> The number of procesors can be found by just doing "lscfg | grep proc"
which
> will list every processor, e.g. proc0, proc1 etc

> Use lsattr after that to get more details (although I'm not sure how you
fid
> out the clock speed)

> Example:

> $ lscfg | grep proc

> + proc0 00-00 Processor

> + proc2 00-02 Processor

> $ lsattr -El proc0

> state enable Processor state False

> type PowerPC_RS64-III Processor type False

> $

> > Dear all
> > I don't have a lot of feeling with Rs/6000 boxes and AIX o.s.
> > My manager ask me to gather all information about our AIX box (some
> > 7009-C10/C20, 7025-F50, BULL ESCALA and 7 SP/2 nodes).
> > I already gather memory, disk and cpu speed (with a procedure found on
> this
> > newsgroup), but I'm not able to know the CPU type and number of CPU.
> > I know for example that our 7009-C10 is running PowerPC 604 cpu (I think
> > so), but how can check it?

> > I tried unsuccesfully with lscfg or uname, but didn't work.

> > Any helps will be appreciated
> > thanks a lot to all

> > Regards
> >        Hiroshi - ITALY