script for surveillance of print queues

Post by kueh » Thu, 20 May 1999 04:00:00

Hello, everybody !

hw: Bull Escala 604e
      Intel Netport Prin Server
sw: AIX 4.1.5

Unfortunately, some of our print queues are breaking down from time to
time. So, Im looking for a script, which surveys all queues e.g. every
minute and which sends a simple mail to the superuser or other user.

Any help would be appreciated.

Henning

script for surveillance of print queues

Post by LAIX Software Consultin » Fri, 21 May 1999 04:00:00

For the Netports, you can prevent the queues from ever going down with
TCPrint instead of your remote queue.  You can download it from
http://www.flash.net/~laixsoft.
Auto-enable down queues with Qman (same site).  I could also customize it
to generate e-mail when it detects a down condition.

Best regards,
Paul

> Hello, everybody !

> hw: Bull Escala 604e
>       Intel Netport Prin Server
> sw: AIX 4.1.5

> Unfortunately, some of our print queues are breaking down from time to
> time. So, Im looking for a script, which surveys all queues e.g. every
> minute and which sends a simple mail to the superuser or other user.

> Any help would be appreciated.

> Henning

script for surveillance of print queues

Post by bren.. » Fri, 21 May 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Hello, everybody !

> hw: Bull Escala 604e
>       Intel Netport Prin Server
> sw: AIX 4.1.5

> Unfortunately, some of our print queues are breaking down from time to
> time. So, Im looking for a script, which surveys all queues e.g.
every
> minute and which sends a simple mail to the superuser or other user.

> Any help would be appreciated.

> Henning

Try this:
Q=The-queue-name
STATUS=`lpstat -p$Q |grep $Q |awk '{ print $3 }'`
if [ $STATUS != READY ]
        then
                echo "The printer queue has an ERROR"
        else
                echo "The printer queue is fine"
fi

This tiny script does only check the queue status
Brenzef

1. point solaris print queue to win2000 print queue

Hey all again,

I have users that telnet in to my server and i need to set up a couple of
queues to point to an nt server as i do not have direct printing rights to
the print server. any help appriceated

Solars 8 print queue to win2000 print queue

thanx in advance,

Oliver

2. Dell P90 Optiplex XM 5100

3. Remote print queue/queue device definitions

4. Increasing Kernel Parameters

5. Adobe Post Script print queue

6. IP Masquerade & MAC Numbers

7. script to monitor print queues

8. PPP Problems

9. Script and trap file in print queue???????????????????

10. Queuing print jobs to NetWare queues?

11. Print queue as a batch queue.

12. problem with print to Netware print queue

13. moving print job among print queues?