Less version for AIX

Less version for AIX

Post by Muru » Tue, 12 Oct 1999 04:00:00



I am new to AIX.

Is less (like in linux) available for AIX? If not in binary, has anybody
succeeded in compiling it on AIX.

Muru

 
 
 

Less version for AIX

Post by Wolfram Liebche » Tue, 12 Oct 1999 04:00:00


Muru schrieb:

Quote:

> Is less (like in linux) available for AIX? If not in binary, has anybody
> succeeded in compiling it on AIX.

I compiled the less-sources from my debian-linux and it worked
immediately under AIX 4.1.5

-- Wolfram

--
Wolfram Liebchen
Tommentalstra?e 53/52
72800 Eningen
07121/88322

 
 
 

Less version for AIX

Post by RW Li » Tue, 12 Oct 1999 04:00:00



>I am new to AIX.

>Is less (like in linux) available for AIX? If not in binary, has anybody
>succeeded in compiling it on AIX.

What will "less" do that "pg" doesn't?

-- RW Lipp

Any opinions expressed are exclusively my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.
(However, I can tell you a funny story about what
happens if you complain about my statements of fact)

 
 
 

Less version for AIX

Post by Muru » Tue, 12 Oct 1999 04:00:00


Mmm, will try it with Redhat 6

>Muru schrieb:

>> Is less (like in linux) available for AIX? If not in binary, has anybody
>> succeeded in compiling it on AIX.

>I compiled the less-sources from my debian-linux and it worked
>immediately under AIX 4.1.5

>-- Wolfram

>--
>Wolfram Liebchen
>Tommentalstra?e 53/52
>72800 Eningen
>07121/88322

 
 
 

Less version for AIX

Post by Thomas Bran » Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:00:00




>What will "less" do that "pg" doesn't?

- switch between tail -f and searching through the file
- searching multiple files with one command (ignoring EOF)
...

cu ...  Thomas Brandl.
--
IBM RS/6000 console message: (System power is currently off)
Thomas Brandl, medat GmbH, Hilblestr. 54, 80636 Muenchen, Tel:+49/0 89-126808-0
Wehren Sie sich gegen SPAM-E-mails:   http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/

 
 
 

Less version for AIX

Post by Norman Levi » Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:00:00



> I am new to AIX.

> Is less (like in linux) available for AIX? If not in binary, has anybody
> succeeded in compiling it on AIX.

*** AIX version of 'more' has more function than the 'more' in linux.  In fact,
it is close to 'less'.

--
Norman Levin
vm/dynAmIX inc.

 
 
 

Less version for AIX

Post by Norman Levi » Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:00:00


compiling it on AIX.,*** AIX version of 'more' has more function than the 'more' in linux.
--
Norman Levin
vm/dynAmIX inc.
 
 
 

Less version for AIX

Post by Johan De Wi » Thu, 14 Oct 1999 04:00:00


Hi there,

On my previous job, I have installed less on a 4.2.x RS6000.  It was
already compiled, and packed for installing with 'smitty'.  The site where
I found it was something like www.bull.????.

Worked great !

Hope this helps
Jo.

 
 
 

Less version for AIX

Post by Ken Abrahamse » Thu, 14 Oct 1999 04:00:00


It's www.bull.de
ken
=========

>Hi there,

>On my previous job, I have installed less on a 4.2.x RS6000.  It was
>already compiled, and packed for installing with 'smitty'.  The site where
>I found it was something like www.bull.????.

>Worked great !

>Hope this helps
>Jo.

 
 
 

Less version for AIX

Post by Sam Rudlan » Wed, 20 Oct 1999 04:00:00




> compiling it on AIX.,*** AIX version of 'more' has more function than the 'more' in linux.
> --
> Norman Levin
> vm/dynAmIX inc.

I have 'less' installed on my workstation. I can't remember where I got it from unfortunately though....It must have been off the
installation CD's somewhere......

Sam Rudland

 
 
 

Less version for AIX

Post by Dave Marquard » Thu, 21 Oct 1999 04:00:00





> > compiling it on AIX.,*** AIX version of 'more' has more function than the 'more' in linux.

> I have 'less' installed on my workstation. I can't remember where I got it from unfortunately though....It must have been off the
> installation CD's somewhere......

IBM doesn't ship `less', so it isn't off any AIX installation CDs.

-Dave