Difference between IBM SNA for Windows and IBM SNA for UNIX

Difference between IBM SNA for Windows and IBM SNA for UNIX

Post by Shridh » Fri, 28 Feb 2003 15:42:09

Hi all
Does any one know whether IBM has come out with an SNA protocol for
Windows platform and if so then what is the difference between IBM SNA
for Windows and IBM SNA for UNIX.

regards
Shridhar

Post by Paul Landa » Sat, 01 Mar 2003 07:57:14

> Does any one know whether IBM has come out with an SNA protocol
> for Windows platform and if so then what is the difference
> between IBM SNA for Windows and IBM SNA for UNIX.

IBM has several SNA products for workstations, including:
  CS/AIX (Communications Server for AIX)
  CS/Linux
  CS/NT (for NT & WIN2K)
  PCOMM (Personal Communications) (for WINxx)
There was also one for OS/2 (CS/2) and UnixWare
but those have been withdrawn.  In addition to
running on different platforms the different
CommServers had different capabilities.
Lots of details are at:
  http://www.ibm.com/software/network/commserver
but a summary of the differences is at:

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/network/commserver/brochures/comm...

Paul Landay

1. LINUX-SNA : problem with sna tools

I install my kernel 2.3.39 with patch net-fun for sna connection ==> without
problem.
But, when i compiled sna tools, i didn't know what configured the snaconfig,
because the documentation isn't present with this tools.
Help me please, if you are some documentations for SNA TOOLS.

P.S Sorry, my english is very bad.

2. NFS problem with cloned hard disks

3. Migrate from SNA v4 to SNA v5

4. NE2000 won't ping

5. migration from sna version 3.1 to sna version 5 problems

6. RadMedia Visual Web Authoring Software

7. IBM SNA (CS/AIX)

8. Voodoo Banshee Problem

9. SNA: RS/6000 <-> IBM mainframe

10. sna (lu6.2) data transfer between IBM mainframe and Digital DEC/ALPHA

11. Linux and IBM host connectivity (SNA and SDLC): please, help!

12. IBM SNA LU6.2 to System Strategies LU6.2

13. S: Product for connection to IBM mainframe with SNA and RJE