Exact time for Daylight Savings Time change

Exact time for Daylight Savings Time change

Post by John » Sun, 27 Oct 2002 03:59:59

At what exact time does AIX change the clock? At 2am Sunday morning,
does it automatically change it to 1am?

Thanks-

Exact time for Daylight Savings Time change

Post by Andy Clar » Wed, 30 Oct 2002 21:37:51

Yes, by default it changes at 2am, although you can change this.
Please see the TZ parameter in the "environment File" section in the
on-line docs. This has a good explanation with examples.

> At what exact time does AIX change the clock? At 2am Sunday morning,
> does it automatically change it to 1am?

> Thanks-

Exact time for Daylight Savings Time change

Post by K » Thu, 31 Oct 2002 23:55:52

FYI -

 Unless you have the fix installed, using smit to change TZ info
screws up daylight savings time handling. To check if your system is
affected, do a    echo $TZ     it should reply with something like
EST5EDT. If you get    EST5EDT,,   (note the commas) yours is broken.
The fix is to comment the TZ line out of    /etc/environment, then
chtz 'EST5EDT', then reboot.

KB

> At what exact time does AIX change the clock? At 2am Sunday morning,
> does it automatically change it to 1am?

> Thanks-

1. Daylight Savings time, system time, hardware time....

I am sure that this has been rehashed a bunch of times, but I can't seem
to get it through my thick  skull...

I have a RedHat 6.0 system, 2.2.13 kernel.  I need to configure the darn
thing to keep the right time.  I can't seem to correctly configure the
hardware clock so that it correctly deals with DST.

I tried setting it to UTC using RedHat's tools, but it had no effect.
The time zone information must be correct, since the calendar displays
EDT, but the hardware clock and the system clock are now exactly
backwards.....  The hardware clock is one hour ahead of the system
clock.

Wed Apr 19 13:48:25 EDT 2000
Wed Apr 19 14:48:26 2000  -0.940635 seconds

What files do I need to change (by hand, not through possibly broken GUI
tools) to make this right?

Thanks,

--Yan
--

Think different
        ride a recumbent

2. MBR on notebook got overwritten by lilo. Help!

3. Solaris 7 'cron' mishandles daylight savings time change.

4. ipchains logging

5. Daylight savings time change and cron jobs

6. Pthreads and a thread safe sleep mechanism

7. Daylight savings time change - solution ?

8. command line editing question

9. Daylight Savings time change

10. clock and Daylight Savings Time Change

11. Daylight time (label) but standard time (time)

12. Olympic Daylight Savings Time...

13. daylight savings time?