problem with backup internet conection

Post by Stefa » Thu, 07 Mar 2002 00:54:52

Hello,
I have problem and question :)). Is this posible to configure routing in AIX
in this way that:
 if a packet is send to en0 and enter to the system through en0 the system
answers through en0
 and if a packet is send to en2 and enter to the system through en2 the
system answers through en2. This is necessary for
the configuration with 2 routers, PIX and RS/6000 with 2 internet conection.

Thanks.

Post by Jose Pina Coelh » Fri, 08 Mar 2002 09:05:46

> Hello,
> I have problem and question :)). Is this posible to configure routing in AIX
> in this way that:
>  if a packet is send to en0 and enter to the system through en0 the system
> answers through en0
>  and if a packet is send to en2 and enter to the system through en2 the
> system answers through en2. This is necessary for
> the configuration with 2 routers, PIX and RS/6000 with 2 internet conection.

Only if you configure gated.

--
Doing AIX support was the most monty-pythonesque
activity available at the time.