remote printer problem

Post by becn.. » Thu, 09 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I have several printers that when I do a lpstat to them it hangs until
it times out. Is there a way to get an instant response? I just want to
be able to see what jobs are in the queue.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

remote printer problem

Post by LAIX Software Consultin » Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:53:49

You can use enq -isA to check the status only of the local side instead of
the status of the remote server.  The remote server may not send back any
status, or if any of your remote servers is down, lpstat would have when it
gets to that queue.

Regards,
Paul

> I have several printers that when I do a lpstat to them it hangs until
> it times out. Is there a way to get an instant response? I just want to
> be able to see what jobs are in the queue.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. Remote printer problems using bsdlpd

I am trying to print over a network to a remote printer.  I am using
bsdlpd which came with the latest slackware distribution.  I have a
local printer working to a certain extent already.  By that I mean that
I can print text through it.  The printcap file I am using is included
below.  When I try to enable the remote printer by typing "up brlw1" in
lpc, I get the message "unknown printer brlw1"  I have created a queue
directory for it in the place specified in printcap.  I have also tried
using the same printcap without the colons at the beginning of every
line.  The machine name and printer name are correct.  I have heard that
bsdlpd requires a device called lp to operate, so I made a soft link to
/dev/null called lp.  I have of course killed and restarted bsdlpd every
time I made a change.  I am using kernel version 2.0.33 with all the
important other stuff like gcc from the newest slackware distribution.
If anyone has an idea about how I can fix this, please email me at

time.

lp|printer|DJ672:\
:lp=/dev/lp1:sd=/var/spool/lpd/DJ672LP1:sh:mx#0:if=/usr/local/bin/deskjet-filter:

brlw1:\
:lp=:\
:rm=lpd.rh.uchicago.edu:\
:rp=brlw1:\
:sd=/var/spool/lpd/brlw1:\
:lf=/var/spool/lpd/brlw1/errs:

2. M$ & OpenBSD don't want to speak TCP/IP ?

3. Remote Printer problem

4. Full powerdown in FreeBSD

5. Remote printer problems

6. Printer lock message

7. lp printing to remote printer problem

8. kerneld & dial-on-demand problem

9. Remote printer problem

10. remote printer problem

11. Remote Printer problems