NFS on 3.2.5, timeout error on nfs mounted filesystem

NFS on 3.2.5, timeout error on nfs mounted filesystem

Post by Zora » Sun, 02 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I'm restoring, from tape, to a nfs mounted filesystem. The filesystem
owner is a node on a SP2. Since this SP2 node, has no tape drive, and we
don't have that remove tape device stuff configured (or purchased) I
restore from another rs6k that has the filesystem from the SP2 node nfs
mounted.

One of the files being restored is about 1Gig in size. Things are kind
of ok. But about 200M into restoring that 1Gig file, I get a timeout
error, and restore quits.

Anyone have a clue as to what could be causing this? It isn't always at
the 200M mark. Sometimes I get 300M before it times out. I know for sure
there's no other activity on this part of the network.

So, my workaround is to restore to a local filesystem and use tar and
ftp. The ftp works *MUCH* faster between the nodes, than does nfs. But I
would like to get this nfs problem cured.

Thanks, Zoran.

1. NFS: mounting nfs filesystem on boot time

Hi!

I would like to boot nfs fs on client machine during boot time.

In /etc/vfstab I should put:

wasp:/var/mail - /var/mail nfs - yes rw

Now, what will happen if nfs server is not present and client machine
is rebooted?
I wouldn't want for boot process to stop because it cannot mount nfs
fs.

Thanks!

Mario.

2. Question: starting a visual program on AIX server from remote, non-graphics terminal

3. Mounting timeout on NFS mount

4. Contemplating move from SunOS

5. Mount timeout on NFS mount

6. Filename completion

7. /var/mail: to NFS mount or not to NFS mount?

8. Syquest 200 Drive on Sparc 5

9. Mounting PC's filesystem as UNIX filesystem with NFS

10. nfs mount to a nfs mount fails

11. nfs mount problem: mount: can't get address for nfs-server.kauai

12. Mount timeout on NFS mount

13. nfs mounted fs does not include mounted filesystems