Looking to convert PCL to PDF, JPG, or GIF format program

Looking to convert PCL to PDF, JPG, or GIF format program

Post by Doug Slaughte » Thu, 01 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I would like to find a program that can convert a PCL file into one or more
of the following PDF, JPG or GIF.  I would like it to be able to convert the
file via a command line.  Does anyone know of any programs that they can
suggest?
I have looked at some (very few listed on the Internet), that will do this.
Thanks for your suggestions.
Doug Slaughter

Looking to convert PCL to PDF, JPG, or GIF format program

Post by Randy Bern » Thu, 01 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Visual Software (www.visual.co.uk) has a program called "pcl2pdf" for
$1160. They have a PC based version for $325. I have not used this
tool from them, but have another of their products and I am VERY
pleased with the product and their helpfulness.

>I would like to find a program that can convert a PCL file into one or more
>of the following PDF, JPG or GIF.  I would like it to be able to convert the
>file via a command line.  Does anyone know of any programs that they can
>suggest?
>I have looked at some (very few listed on the Internet), that will do this.
>Thanks for your suggestions.
>Doug Slaughter

Please reply to newsgroup. My address is forwarded to /dev/null.
--

----------------------------------
AOS/VS, AIX, Win95, FreeBSD, WinNT:

Post by Walsh Brow » Fri, 02 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> I would like to find a program that can convert a PCL file into one or
more
> of the following PDF, JPG or GIF.  I would like it to be able to
convert the
> file via a command line.  Does anyone know of any programs that they
can
> suggest?
> I have looked at some (very few listed on the Internet), that will do
this.
> Thanks for your suggestions.
> Doug Slaughter

Try Imagemagick (http://www.wizards.dupont.com/magick/).  It does all of
those conversions and plus it is free...

-- Walsh

--
Walsh Brown

Sometimes I sit and think...sometimes I just sit.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/