Routed on 3.1.5 and 3.2.0 RS6000

Post by Nathan D. La » Mon, 22 Jun 1992 07:44:27

When I try to use routed on both my 320H running 3.1.5 and my 220 running
3.2.0, I can't seem to get routed to be dynamic.  I can configure static
routes using smit, and they work fine, but I can never get routed to pick
things up.  Every other host I have tried, including SVR4 and Sun, the
routed picks up all routes correctly.  I have tried all options in Smit
for routed, including "Send updates", "This host is gateway", etc.
However, Ic an still never get routed to pick anything up fro manother
host.  I'm stuck with static routes and that is becoming very, very
cumbersome as our network grows  (and I try to connect from home to
all the hosts on our network).  I would like to point out again that
routed works on all other hosts, but the IBM AIX routed just won't pick
up the routes.  When I had a slip line that worked (see previous posting!),
I would get the routing updates every 30 seconds, but they WOULD NOT get
installed on the 220 running 3.2.0!

any ideas on routing on AIX?

Thanks in advance for any information.

-Nathan Lane