What is needed to configure Lexmark MarkNet XLe print server under AIX 4.3?

What is needed to configure Lexmark MarkNet XLe print server under AIX 4.3?

Post by jmo.. » Mon, 15 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I neet to print to a network connected printer from AIX.
The printer is connected to a Lexmark XLe token ring print server that
has a tcp/ip address.  What are the steps in defining this printer to
the aix machine?

thanks in advance...

Post by vol.. » Tue, 16 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> I neet to print to a network connected printer from AIX.
> The printer is connected to a Lexmark XLe token ring print server that
> has a tcp/ip address.  What are the steps in defining this printer to
> the aix machine?

> thanks in advance...

smitty spooler > add printer queue > hpJetDirect or the /dev option,
provided you may have a special driver disk for it. Bu I think the
HP options should just work fine. At least it was for our Net up here,
no problems so far.

Volker

1. MarkNet Print Server Support in AIX

Is there any software either from IBM or Lexmark for the MarkNet print
servers? I hoping to find software like the JetDirect software and not
just have to use lpd printing. I have searched over both the IBM and
LexMark Web pages and have not found anything yet. But who know where
it may be hiding.

2. Where is libpng source?

3. MarkNet XLe

4. cat algore | nawk -f stripgarbage.awk > gwbush

5. Help configuring DHCP Server on AIX 4.3 [Long]

6. root password

7. Installing D-link Ethernet Print Server (de-690) on AIX 4.3

8. foo

9. Need help with executables compiled on AIX 4.3 but being run on AIX 3.2

10. Newbe question - how to configure t/r to enet bridge with 43P running AIX 4.3

11. Is AIX 4.3.x binary compatible to 4.3.x

12. How to configure NTP in AIX 4.3

13. Configuring RS6000/Aix 4.3 Mail