How to hook kernel extension into context switch?

How to hook kernel extension into context switch?

Post by Bryan R. Bu » Sun, 16 Dec 2001 05:19:01

Hi, I'm trying to write an AIX kernel extension that will gather information
from the processor's hardware performance counters (I know there is an
existing driver, but it doesn't do what I need).  I'd like to arrange for a
routine in my kernel extension to get called whenever a context switch
occurs, so that I can keep the information on a per-process basis.  Does
anyone know if there is a way to do this, and if there is, how?  Thanks for
any information.

- Bryan Buck