i want to allocate say 64KB of contiguos physical memory for dma transfer
without using rmalloc. is there any way out,
> Is there a reason for not using rmalloc? I poked
> around in the docs and that seems to do exactly
> what you want, so why not use it?
> Nick Dronen
I have a special requirement by which i need atleast 512kb of
contigous physical memory in SPARC.
The functions like kmem_alloc are returning 8kb pages and does not
guarantee contiguos physical memory.
I am trying now to use dma functions. But from the old postings in
this group and from the Solaris driver man pages it seems to me that
dma functions also does not gurantee contiguos physical memory.
It would be greatly helpful to me if somebody can give some pointers
on how this can be achieved.
2. DSL Dialup (Atlanta and vicinity)
3. Physical memory allocation?
6. perl script to crypt list of passwords?
7. Optimizing physical memory allocation
8. remote printing on FreeBSD machine
9. Physical Memory Allocation?
10. Physical vs. virtual memory allocation.
11. Memory allocation and de-allocation
12. Physical memory versus detected memory 2.4.7-10
13. mmap, virtual memory, physical memory