Remote printing AIX->NT?

Post by Ole Kristian Gask » Wed, 05 Jul 2000 04:00:00

-How do I specifiy AIX to spool files through lpd without adding
controlsequences?

Regards,
Ole Kristian Gaski
Tech. supp. engineer

Remote printing AIX->NT?

Post by LAIX Software Consultin » Wed, 05 Jul 2000 04:00:00

If you want AIX to format and not NT, add a remote queue with local
filtering and use the default of sending the passthru flag to NT.  If
you want AIX not to format and pass the jobs to NT where NT formats it,
use a "standard processing" remote queue.  "Standard processing" really
means "No processing."

Regards,
Paul

> -How do I specifiy AIX to spool files through lpd without adding
> controlsequences?

> Regards,
> Ole Kristian Gaski
> Tech. supp. engineer

1. AIX -> NT Remote Printing

Does anyone know how to set up a queue on AIX to print to an NT print
server.  We set one up, but it keeps reporting back that the host is
down (it isn't...)

Thanks,
Laurie

Laurie Swan
Logica UK

These opinions have nothing whatsoever to do with my employer...

2. random access /etc/passwd + 10,000 users

3. >>> NT remote contol via SUN <<<

4. Linux vs. Windows

5. remote printing from Solaris->AIX

6. /var/log/boot.log errors

7. Printing problems NT -> AIX

8. ksh, the prompt, and su

9. NT->AIX Printing Problem

10. MS$ NT > Linux Firewall > Internet > MS$ NT PPTP Server

11. problems with remote printing under AIX 3.2 (and other remote access problems)

12. AIX 3.2.5 PRINTING - How to insert ESC into remote print queue.

13. Behavior of AIX print when printing to remote systems.