how to prevent "su" and "login"

Post by BPW » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 20:43:13

Hi folks,

how can I prevent a user from using the commands "su" and "login" ?

Regards
Thomas

how to prevent "su" and "login"

Post by Uwe Aue » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 20:38:53

> Hi folks,

> how can I prevent a user from using the commands "su" and "login" ?

> Regards
> Thomas

Hi,

login:
======
If you prevent a user from "login", he cannot log in. So the user will
not be a normal user. Maybe "/bin/false" instead of "/bin/ksh" in
/etc/passwd is what you want (typically used for batch-users). Try also
/etc/security/user - login=false

su:
===
Try /etc/security/user - su=false. But this is a "reverse" meaning of
yours. It defines whether OTHER users can su to a specific account.

Regards
Uwe Auer