Network driver & Streams

Post by Kalman Met » Tue, 05 Feb 2002 22:42:43

Are network drivers implemented using Streams on AIX?
When working with a Stream, is the processing performed in the context
of the process that sent the data?
What happens if I have several processes, with different fixed
priorities, each of which sends data to the network. Up to which point
does the priority of the sending process affect the handling of the
message?

Thanks,
- Kalman Meth

1. What happens if a stream module is pushed onto multiple stream driver?

1.
What happens if a stream module is pushed onto multiple stream driver?
Will its open and close routines called each time when it is
pushed? And shall I write some special code to handle this situation?

2.
What happens if a stream module is opened multiple times?
Will its open and close routines called each time when it is
pushed? And shall I write some special code to handle this situation?

2. AMI BIOS CMOS setup

3. Solaris x86 failure to push streams module into network stream

4. Slackware Pro 2.0 can't mount Soundblaster cdrom?

5. Information about SCO Unix STREAMS network driver?

6. ? about a seeming 2GB limit on a java process on a solaris 8 box

7. STREAMS/Networking/Drivers

8. All Cirrus 75xx chipsets

9. Networking -- Streams sample driver

10. Device Drivers & STREAMS

11. STREAMS module between IP & Network Interface

12. How can I put a module/driver below IP driver in a stream?