Telnet impossible?

Post by Yongbae,Ki » Sat, 22 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hi.

i have telnet problem with two cards.
i can ping to that server and telnet to 2nd card, but i can log in to
that server with first card. in that server i can log in(telnet) to
other servers, but i can't log in to the server in others with the first
card...of course with the second card i can log in to that server.

RS/6000 with AIX 4.1

TIA..

Have a nice day.

Telnet impossible?

Post by Justin McInne » Thu, 27 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> Hi.

> i have telnet problem with two cards.
> i can ping to that server and telnet to 2nd card, but i can log in to
> that server with first card. in that server i can log in(telnet) to
> other servers, but i can't log in to the server in others with the first
> card...of course with the second card i can log in to that server.

> RS/6000 with AIX 4.1

> TIA..

> Have a nice day.

Hello,
I'm having a bad brain day so the above sentence seems more like a mensa
puzzle than a simple problem. You may want to re-word it for people like
me. But if All tcpip related services are similarly affected, check your
routing.

Zabra
--

         OOOO
        O    O       OOOO

'This is the voice of the Mysterons:
We'd probaby be alot more successful in taking
over your planet if we didn't tell you what we
were going to do every week......'

Justin McInnes
AIX Engineer - Bytech Systems

1. telnet 0 vs telnet `hostname` vs telnet 127.0.0.1

Hello all,

    I have a question in networking

What does the command telnet 0 do? I know it will telnet to itself, but does
it go through anything? I mean gateway and anything else? How is it
different from telnet-ing to its nodename? Also What about "telnet
127.0.0.1?" All these telnet do the same thing but are they different? and
How?

Regards,

Benny Pei

2. Imagemaps from HELL! Save me please...

3. moving to ELF is *impossible*...

4. Linux NIS server, Solaris client

5. Solaris impossible to use for desktop

6. Read output from system() command

7. more than 65000 ids impossible ?

8. &Connecting to Linux on LAN&

9. Seems impossible to me...any suggestions?

10. impossible system

11. PLIP on win95... Is it really impossible?

12. Impossible... talk working locally AND over the Internet?

13. Serverworks OSB4 in impossible state.