max number processes, message queues

Post by Jim Ca » Fri, 30 Aug 1991 00:40:42

I need to know how to determine the limits for number of processes
and messages on the RS6000 under AIX.  I would like to know this
for the system as a whole and for each user.  Also, how many child
processes a process can have.

I prowled around in smit and Info but had no luck.

thanks for your help

Oh. Does anyone know how to get Info to tell what manual to look in
to find the material being displayed on the screen?

Mainstream Software Corp.       about what I think or say nearly as much
411 Waverly Oaks Road           I care about how my boy responds to same.
Waltham MA 02154, 617-894-3399

1. max number of processes, message queues

I need to know how to determine the limits for number of processes
and messages on the RS6000 under AIX.  I would like to know this
for the system as a whole and for each user.  Also, how many child
processes a process can have?  And if theres a user limit, does it
apply to each of several logins or the aggregrate of all processes
under all logins of a user?

I prowled around in smit and Info but had no luck.

thanks for your help

Oh. Does anyone know how to get Info to tell what (paper) manual to
look in to find the material being displayed on the screen?

Mainstream Software Corp.       about what I think or say nearly as much
411 Waverly Oaks Road           I care about how my boy responds to same.
Waltham MA 02154, 617-894-3399

2. Printer problem :) (same ol' - same ol')

3. Max number of char in Message Queues

4. INIT : Id "x" respawning too fast : disabled for 5 minutes

5. How can I tuning Max process number and open file number on Sun Solaris 7(Intel)???

6. SX100 vs FX100 fiber?

7. Is there a max number of printer queues??

8. Advice on reiserfsck please

9. About IPC, max size of message and queue

10. Message Queues max. limit?

11. msgctl & Max Message Queue Size

12. IPC queues : Number of messages

13. Max Number of Shared Memory per Process