Reducing /usr filesystem on 4.2.1

Post by Valdis Kletniek » Thu, 08 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> I need to know if there is a way to reduce the /usr filesystem without moving
> it to another name because I don't have enough space to do that.

Basically, do a 'mkszfile', and then a 'mksysb'. Put that tape away
in case you*up the following steps. ;)

Edit the /image.data file, and find the stanzas for the /usr LV
and filesystem.  In the LV stanza, you want to change the PP and LP
values. A good target is (LV_MIN_LPS + 5).  In the filesystem stanza,
you want to change FS_SIZE.  The value you want is (PP * PP_SIZE * 2048)
(and should be a bit bigger than the FS_MIN_SIZE value).

Do another mksysb *ONTO A DIFFERENT TAPE*, and then use that to
restore your system.

Remember to back up your non-rootvg data.

  application_pgp-signature_part
< 1K Download