7017-S7A Firmware

Post by The Threaten » Sun, 20 Oct 2002 19:19:17

I have 7017-S7A that will not boot. It will not boot far enough so that I can
use SMS. It gives an SRC pointing at the service proc firmware.

I can access the service proc menus. But nothing else. According to the IBM
microcode web page, I cannot update the firmware from the service proc menus on
this model, like I do with some lesser models. I think I will have to exchange
the service proc.

Any other ideas before I do?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...then so be it, Jedi!
http://members.aol.com/nealskywalker
...the ability to post does not make one intelligent.

7017-S7A Firmware

Post by Stefan Llabr » Mon, 21 Oct 2002 02:40:56

> I have 7017-S7A that will not boot. It will not boot far enough so that I can
> use SMS. It gives an SRC pointing at the service proc firmware.

> I can access the service proc menus. But nothing else. According to the IBM
> microcode web page, I cannot update the firmware from the service proc menus on
> this model, like I do with some lesser models. I think I will have to exchange
> the service proc.

> Any other ideas before I do?

Hello.

The S7A has two firmware with a probably different. (Thought
as fallback while testing a new firmware).

Have you tried to switch to the second one?

You can select the firmware "a" or "b" before booting at
the front display. I do not have documentation now, but i think
it is item "2" in the list; you should verify that with the
manuals.

Bye, Stefan....  .   .      .          .

7017-S7A Firmware

Post by The Threaten » Mon, 21 Oct 2002 17:41:25

>> I have 7017-S7A that will not boot. It will not boot far enough so that I
>can
>> use SMS. It gives an SRC pointing at the service proc firmware.

>> I can access the service proc menus. But nothing else. According to the IBM
>> microcode web page, I cannot update the firmware from the service proc
>menus on
>> this model, like I do with some lesser models. I think I will have to
>exchange
>> the service proc.

>> Any other ideas before I do?

>Hello.

>The S7A has two firmware with a probably different. (Thought
>as fallback while testing a new firmware).

>Have you tried to switch to the second one?

>You can select the firmware "a" or "b" before booting at
>the front display. I do not have documentation now, but i think
>it is item "2" in the list; you should verify that with the
>manuals.

Yes, I've tried both, which makes me think even more so that the actual service
proc card is at fault. I can't imagine 2 sets of firmware corrupting at the
same time for any other reason.