Where to find HP 750C plotter driver for AIX

Where to find HP 750C plotter driver for AIX

Post by Baltazar Avalo » Fri, 07 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hello,
I have an HP 750C plotter attached to an AIX 4.3.2 machine without
driver.
Does anyone know where I can get an AIX driver for this type of plotter?

HP only has driver for Windows systems.

Regards,
Baltazar Avalos

Where to find HP 750C plotter driver for AIX

Post by Andrew Padle » Mon, 10 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I use this plotter connected via HP JetDirect to our CATIA system. The
plotter is set up as follows:

On the RS/6000 print server, it's a HP JetDirect plotter and the driver is
HP generic. The queue is then set up as a HPGL queue.

I then use CATIA plot drivers (/home/catadm/adm/pltcfg/) to send the correct
line thicknesses etc.

HP doesn't have a specific driver for AIX and the HP 750C (I have asked
them).

Hope that helps

Quote:> Hello,
> I have an HP 750C plotter attached to an AIX 4.3.2 machine without
> driver.
> Does anyone know where I can get an AIX driver for this type of plotter?

> HP only has driver for Windows systems.

> Regards,
> Baltazar Avalos

1. Is there an HP 750C plotter driver for AIX

I used the hplj-4 driver for my HP 750C.  I have a PostScript card in my
HP 750C, which seems to do a pretty good job of distinguishing among PCL,
PostScript, and HPGL without any help from AIX.  I defined a single PCL
queue and then used the following parameters to turn OFF PCL initialization
and change the mode from PLC to transparent:

The device name above looks like a remote printer because I'm using a
Jet-Direct card.  The three attributes will work just as well on an
HP 750C attached via a parallel or serial port.

2. Mathematica (for dos)

3. Any success with HP DesignJet 750C plotters?

4. Backup tape drives beyond DAT

5. HP 750C plotter

6. linux vs coherent

7. AIX print queue for a HP Design Jet Plotter?

8. yacc and yy.tab.h

9. HP JetDirect On HP DesignJet 750C

10. driver for HP plotters?

11. lpr type driver for HP draftmaster II plotter?

12. Looking for driver for HP ColorPro graphics plotter

13. HP DesignJet 750C + Linux