How to setup syslog server?

Post by Bob Heathcot » Tue, 31 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

I have a model 570 RS/6000 with AIX 3.2.5 and I'd like this box to be a
syslog server for my routers/firewall, and I have no idea where to start.

Please give me some advice and or links to info.

Thank you,

-Bob Heathcote

1. How to setup syslog server

Hello,

I have a hardware firewall which can generate syslog output but I do not
have a syslog server.

I have RH 6.0 up and running for my web page - where do I start to get info
on how to add the syslog server to this box?

Any and all tips appreciated!

-Bob Heathcote

2. LINUX PPC HELP NEEDED

3. Sending syslog messages to a remote syslog server

4. Sniffers

5. Setup Freebsd as syslog server

6. kde hello world

7. Syslog server setup

8. gcc install on a Solaris 2.6

9. Tuning syslog/Syslog reporting/Syslog enhancement/replacements

10. creating different syslog file /var/log/syslog.0 /var/log/syslog.1...

11. Syslog replay script for centralized syslog host

12. Syslog parser wanted to replace Kiwi Syslog (win32)

13. syslog.conf setup