date changes

Post by stev » Wed, 25 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

Having a time issue with DCE (distributed computing environment).

In order to synch with my Master, I needed to set the date by doing a
date -u to match the master and then to set the time again using the
date command.

Upon reboot, my date time was out 1 hour from the Master.  The date -u
time was bang on.

To fix this, I did adjust my timezone offset.  I am in the EDT zone
(never mind that the U**x were selective about that!).  I have to set
the offset to -4 hours of GMT.  Even though this is incorrect, it did
fix the time problem I had when issuing the date command and did not
modify the time setting in the date -u command.

I would like to know if this will cause me future problems and if there
is a good way to fix this without disturbing the time settings.

Regards,

date changes

Post by Gerhard Anton Bartosc » Thu, 26 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Synchronize your time wiht xntpd  daemon.
In /usr/samples/xntp you have sample files, hwo to configure.

Mit freundlichen Gr?en / Yours Sincerely

Gerhard Anton BARTOSCH

INFORMATIONS-TECHNOLOGIE AUSTRIA GMBH
Applikationsserver UNIX und VMS

A-1020 Wien, Lassallestra?e 5
Telefon: ++43-1-217 17-58036
Telefax: ++43-1-217 17-89-58036

Quote:> Hi,

> Having a time issue with DCE (distributed computing environment).

> In order to synch with my Master, I needed to set the date by doing a
> date -u to match the master and then to set the time again using the
> date command.

> Upon reboot, my date time was out 1 hour from the Master.  The date -u
> time was bang on.

> To fix this, I did adjust my timezone offset.  I am in the EDT zone
> (never mind that the U**x were selective about that!).  I have to set
> the offset to -4 hours of GMT.  Even though this is incorrect, it did
> fix the time problem I had when issuing the date command and did not
> modify the time setting in the date -u command.

> I would like to know if this will cause me future problems and if there
> is a good way to fix this without disturbing the time settings.

> Regards,

date changes

Post by Villy Kru » Thu, 26 Oct 2000 04:00:00

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000 09:26:16 +0200,

Quote:>Synchronize your time wiht xntpd  daemon.
>In /usr/samples/xntp you have sample files, hwo to configure.

Alternatively, quicker, but nut so accurate, use "setclock serverhost"
and you will sync the clock to the time kept by serverhost.  For this
to work serverhost must run the time protocol on udp/37 and tcp/37.

setclock on AIX is identical to rdate found on other unix systems.

Villy

date changes

Post by Geer » Thu, 26 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Or try timed.

regards,
Geert

> Synchronize your time wiht xntpd  daemon.
> In /usr/samples/xntp you have sample files, hwo to configure.

> Mit freundlichen Gr?en / Yours Sincerely

> Gerhard Anton BARTOSCH

> INFORMATIONS-TECHNOLOGIE AUSTRIA GMBH
> Applikationsserver UNIX und VMS

> A-1020 Wien, Lassallestra?e 5
> Telefon: ++43-1-217 17-58036
> Telefax: ++43-1-217 17-89-58036

> > Hi,

> > Having a time issue with DCE (distributed computing environment).

> > In order to synch with my Master, I needed to set the date by doing a
> > date -u to match the master and then to set the time again using the
> > date command.

> > Upon reboot, my date time was out 1 hour from the Master.  The date -u
> > time was bang on.

> > To fix this, I did adjust my timezone offset.  I am in the EDT zone
> > (never mind that the U**x were selective about that!).  I have to set
> > the offset to -4 hours of GMT.  Even though this is incorrect, it did
> > fix the time problem I had when issuing the date command and did not
> > modify the time setting in the date -u command.

> > I would like to know if this will cause me future problems and if there
> > is a good way to fix this without disturbing the time settings.

> > Regards,

1. Date Changing!

I am new to linux and have a problem with the date on a Alphastation
200. The Hardware clock is set correctly to the current date and time.
When linux loads it changes the year in the date to something in the
future line 2017. How can I keep this from happenning, I need the date
to reflect the current year.

Thanks Sam H.

2. Using Syquest SparQ as a Hard Drive

3. non root date change

4. GS

5. Inexplicable date change

6. Single character input??

7. date change for linux system

8. ipchains: incorrectly deny entire network?

9. date change for only 1 process

10. Year 2000 Date Change

11. Florida Hamfest date change.

12. Cron jobs quit working after date change

13. date change not inherited by app