quick cc question

Post by js » Sat, 12 Oct 2002 04:54:39

Do you know how I can do this command:

gcc -Wall -O2 -shared -fPIC -o idea idea.c

using the AIX vac compiler?

Thanks,

JS.

quick cc question

Post by js » Sat, 12 Oct 2002 05:46:51

I tried this and it compiled OK, but my application still isn't working:

cc -o idea idea.c -bE:idea.exp -bM:SRE -bnoentry

Quote:> Do you know how I can do this command:

> gcc -Wall -O2 -shared -fPIC -o idea idea.c

> using the AIX vac compiler?

> Thanks,

> JS.

quick cc question

Post by Gary R. Hoo » Tue, 15 Oct 2002 23:11:48

> I tried this and it compiled OK, but my application still isn't working:

> cc -o idea idea.c -bE:idea.exp -bM:SRE -bnoentry

Well, you really haven't provided nearly enough information about
the context, so it's gonna be real challenging to make any comments
that will be useful...

--
Gary R. Hook / AIX PartnerWorld for Developers / These opinions are MINE

quick cc question

Post by vervoo » Wed, 16 Oct 2002 01:16:52

>> I tried this and it compiled OK, but my application still isn't working:

>> cc -o idea idea.c -bE:idea.exp -bM:SRE -bnoentry

> Well, you really haven't provided nearly enough information about
> the context, so it's gonna be real challenging to make any comments
> that will be useful...

Thanks Gary, point taken!

I was trying to find the equivalent cc comand for

gcc -Wall -O2 -shared -fPIC -o idea idea.c

which is the instruction given on how to compile the idea cipher for
gnupg. (it doesn't work on AIX though!) Unfortunately when I tried:

cc -o idea idea.c -bE:idea.exp -bM:SRE -bnoentry

the module still didn't appear to work so I wondered whether I was using
the wrong flags. However I later dicovered that adding the flag
-D__powerpc__ to the line above fixed the problem I was getting (ie.
with idea encryption not working).

So there you go. If you ever need to compile the idea support for GnuPG,
I've probably just saved you a lot of time!

1. Question about cc/CC and Makefile

I have an application that I would like to keep broken up into
related directories as follows:

                  parent/
       animal/     vegetable/   mineral/   (for illustrative purposes)

The main application in parent/ needs some .o files from the child
directories which I would like to be able to compile separately with
its own Makefile in animal/ etc.

In the Makefile in parent/, I have specified OBJS = parentStuff animal/animalStuff etc.  When CC is run it generates a new .o file
for animalStuff etc. in the parent directory.  I want to keep the
.o files for animal in animal/, not get a copy in parent.

How should I set up my files to keep my files separated?

2. Is my SMP working ?

3. I have a Quick Question, need quick answer.

4. Advanced ppp help

5. what's the cc in /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc?

6. swat on samba-2.0.7-21ssl on RH70 - WORKED

7. 1 * vxjcLnWdi-Compiling shared lib with native Sun compiler (cc, aka, CC)

8. Detect Card on Boot ?

9. CC/cc please help. (Non-compiling program)

10. 1 * BgyKFFrNo-Compiling shared lib with native Sun compiler (cc, aka, CC)

11. 2 * tCTtngjxY-Compiling shared lib with native Sun compiler (cc, aka, CC)

12. Compiling shared lib with native Sun compiler (cc, aka, CC)

13. //-style comments in cc? (Need cc man pages)