lssrc -a | grep active (this will return the list of active SRC daemons)
stopsrc -s daemon_name (where daemon_name is the name of the service you
want to stop, i.e., stopsrc -s httpd would be stopping the HTTP webserver
Likewise, if you want to start that service again, use startsrc -s
Quote:> What is the procedure to shut down a service that may be running on an
> AIX system? Thanks!
1. Laptop freezes when shutting down pcmcia service
I am successfully starting up and running RH7.1 on a Toshiba Tecra 730
laptop. The laptop was hanging when shutting down the irda service, so I
have simply stopped running it.
Now the laptop hangs when attempting to shutdown the pcmcia service. ( The
eth0 service has successfully shutdown before this point. I am using a
pcmcia-based ethernet card.)
1) Does anyone understand what could be causing this hang on shutdown?
2) What steps can I take to eliminate this problem?
3) Is it possible/ok to simply eliminate the shutdown instructions while
leaving the startup instructions as they are?
2. FreeBSD and Advansys SCSI driver
3. services shut down immediately after starting (RH6.2)
6. Linux Sewrial mouse not working
7. Shutting down X and sunrpc service ports
8. WARNING: differing CPUs, can't chain interrupts together
9. Shutting down unneccesary services
10. Shutting down gpm services....
11. How to shut-off on a shut-down?
12. problem shutting down dataless 220 with AIX 3.2.2
13. Problem with powering down when shutting down