Does anybody know of the existense of a restore (and possibly backup)
program that runs on AIX 1.2 but understands the AIX 3.1 restore format?
Thanks for any help,
Bjorn Engsig - ORACLE Corporation. | Editor of FAQ-list
Use the -o option on AIX 3.x to write tapes that backup on AIX 1.2 or the RTQuote:(Bjorn Engsig) writes:
>Does anybody know of the existense of a restore (and possibly backup)
>program that runs on AIX 1.2 but understands the AIX 3.1 restore format?
Andreas Siegert / Postmaster IBM Deutschland GmbH | Never grep a yacc
AIX Field Support Center Pocci Strasse 11 | by the i-node!
>Thanks for any help,
>Bjorn Engsig - ORACLE Corporation. | Editor of FAQ-list
James Hamilton Toronto, Canada
I have heard from my spies in IBM (comments invited to confirm or deny):
1. PS/2 AIX is dead (no more new versions, except for bug fixes).
2. AIX has not been certified for the PS/2 90 and 95.
3. AIX will never be certified to work on the model 90 and 95.
4. Not said to me, but a conclusion of (3) is no support for XGA.
5. The only way to run Unix on the model 90 and 95 and have IBM's
blessing is to run SCO's Open Desktop, with which IBM have a licensing
6. Future Unix versions for IBM PS/2s may be SCO's ODT or something similar
from a joint development between IBM and SCO.
Mark Kosten (who denies having written the above)