active directory authentication

Post by Tomas Baubly » Wed, 12 Jun 2002 17:46:44

Is it possible to authenticate AIX 4.3/5.1 users on microsofts active directory? If it is, how to do this?
Here are some suggestions, any hints are welcome:
1) The first solution could be the installation of IBM Secureway LDAP Server on AIX and forwarding authentication requests via LDAP to AD
2) How to store the unixrelevant information in AD (UID, GID)? Did someone managed to get http://www.css-solutions.ca/ad4unix/ working with AIX?

1. Microsoft Active Directory Authentication

Hi.

I have a large organization that is primary based on Microsoft Windows and
all user data is stored in the MS Active Directory (LDAP).

I also have a bunch of UNIX/LINUX/BSD servers/client. All these
Unix/Linux/BSD computers have theire own users/groups account stored localy.

My question is: Is there an way that I can connect all these *nix computer
to the MS Active Directory, and authenticate the users from there?

- Knut Magne Huglen

2. How to share a variable between 2 processes?

3. Trying to set up PPTP server with active directory authentication

4. Find/Replace Mulitple text files

5. AIX5.2 LDAP Authentication with Active Directory possible?

6. coders

7. linux authentication to active directory? (osx too?)

8. Modem/serial ports on GW2k

9. nss_ldap / ms active directory password authentication

10. unix directory and Novell NDS or MS Active Directory

11. Problems with Heimdal, OpenLDAP, Cyrus SASL, GSSAPI, and Active Directory

12. pam_krbs5 with windows 2000 active directory, linux crashes !

13. How apache on unix authenticate user using Active Directory?