Support for PaperSize A3 of HP 8500DN Printer

Support for PaperSize A3 of HP 8500DN Printer

Post by Michael Hoffman » Wed, 05 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I want to define two Print Queues (PostScript) for our new Printer HP
8500DN, one with default PaperSize A4 and the other for A3, but there is no
support for A3 in
smitty chvirprt
    Default Print Job Attributes
         PAPER SIZE override for input paper source

Because this setting overrides the default "input paper source" setting, I
cannot select the tray with A3 in it.
In order to select the Paper Tray with A3 paper in it, I have to define a
default Paper Size of A3. There is support in PCL or GL mode but not in
PostScript.

My AIX level ist 4.3.2

Is there anyone who has found a solution for this problem ?

Thanks for your help !
Michael

1. How printing A3 size HP printer at SunOS ?

I have a HP LearJet 5000 printer . in solaris I can use "lp -dhp5000
-oa3" printing A3 paper.
in SunOS 4.X ,I can't  printing A3 paper  use "lp" or "lpr" .
I have install HP Jetadmin  software,and can printing A3 paper use hp's
"jetprint" command
but I must use lp or lpr command at some AP. How can i to do ?

2. .sh file extension

3. Printer Papersize

4. Prolinea SCSI controllers

5. Help needed : Setup printer for A4 and A3 printing under Solaris 2.5.1

6. Trident 9440 TGUI X question

7. Creating seperate DIN A3 and DIN A4 printer queues...

8. PostgreSQL Version 6.0 RDBMS database ANSI SQL 92 compliant - Its FREE!!

9. Solaris 2.5.1 / HP JetAdmin D3.15 / HP JetDirect / Non-HP-Printer

10. Supported A3 Scanners in Linux

11. How Hp 5L printer get supported under redhat 6.22??

12. Are HP 540, 560C printers supported?

13. HP Printer Support