SSA Periodic Diag and diag diffs in AIX-433 and AIX-510

SSA Periodic Diag and diag diffs in AIX-433 and AIX-510

Post by Bela Gazd » Tue, 12 Nov 2002 21:07:09

If one goes into: diag => Task Selection => Periodic Diagnostics, in AIX-433
one can add the sysplanar, ioplanar, various SCSI adapters and devices to
the list of resources to be monitored. In AIX-510, however, the resource list
consists exclusively of the PROCESSORS. Why[1]? In 433 there is a "run_ela"
crontab entry that's absent in 510. Why[2]?

Another question related to diag: It seems that SSA disks are handeled
differently,as diag runs agains them via crontab entries, such as run_ssa_ela.
I believe that script supposed to send an email when a redundant SSA disk fails.
Days ago, a disk in a mirrored setup (within a six-pack) dropped out but no
notification was sent. The event did get logged in errlog, though.

All of my questions lead to this one: How can I configure the system to send me
(root, ssa_adm) an email when an SSA disk, or any other piece of HW fails?

Thanks Gang,    -Bela

1. Diag on AIX 4.2.0.0

Hi ,
I tryed to install Diag bundle on Aix 4.2.0.0  but  steel after doing
that I'm getting this  :

The 'diag' command is not supported on this system.

what should I do ??
or - did someone had the same problem ??

Thanks

2. Retriving who intiiated a command

3. Matrox Mystique ands X.

4. libc 5.0.9 is released.

5. diag scsi diff cards

6. OpenBSD 2.7 won't boot without mouse connected

7. Looking for AIX 433.

8. Help installing Boca Lancard 100

9. AIX 433 ML08

10. Compile error on AIX 433 Apache 2.0.44

11. AIX 433 routing tables & ping.

12. monitor is very slow on aix 433 ML6

13. AIX 433 Migration