RS6000 video, terminal

Post by Ryan Lovet » Mon, 04 Sep 2000 14:40:10

 I recently rescued a 3CT off the salvage bin along with a pigtail-less
IBM P70 monitor. The monitor take a 13W3 cable, but I'm having problems
identifying the 3CT's video adapter interface. It has 3 mini coax type
connecters like the 13W3, but without all the pins in the middle. A visual
scan of the video board detected no model numbers. Where can I find an
adapter or cable to mate the 3CT and the P70?
 I've tried connecting an ASCII terminal to the 3CT's serial ports, but
the machine doesn't seem to be offering any serial service. Should I be
able to see a login prompt this way? My ASCII terminal is actually a Mac
Plus running a terminal application that I normally have wired to my Linux
box.
 Are there any other convenient ways to detect life signs?

Thank you for your time,
Ryan