100mbit Ethernet card on AIX 4.1.4

Post by Arne » Tue, 01 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Is there anybody out there having experience whith a 100mbit network
card on AIX v. 4.1.4??
I tried an "original" card from IBM, but this failed, IBM's answer is to
upgrade to AIX 4.1.5.

But I will rather try another card that can resolve this problem, so
that I don't need to upgrade allready.

Any hints??

aso - Norway

100mbit Ethernet card on AIX 4.1.4

Post by Andreas Dilg » Tue, 01 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Is there anybody out there having experience whith a 100mbit network
>card on AIX v. 4.1.4??
>I tried an "original" card from IBM, but this failed, IBM's answer is to
>upgrade to AIX 4.1.5.

I was able to get the 100MB ethernet working on AIX 4.1.4 by installing
only the minimally required AIX 4.1.5 filesets on the system.  If you
do an inutoc (ie create a table of contents) for the 100MB ethernet files,
and look at the .toc file, you can see what the requisite files are.  If
you have a 4.1.5 CD available, you can get these and install them, or download
from the IBM fixdist site.  None of this is supported, however, so if you
have problems with your network, IBM probably won't help you...

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger   University of Calgary  \"If a man ate a pound of pasta and
                 Micronet Research Group \ a pound of antipasto, would they

Post by Jerald H. Mathew » Wed, 02 Sep 1998 04:00:00

: Is there anybody out there having experience whith a 100mbit network
: card on AIX v. 4.1.4??
: I tried an "original" card from IBM, but this failed, IBM's answer is to
: upgrade to AIX 4.1.5.

You will need the latest device drivers for this adapter to function
correctly. I am not sure of the level for AIX 4.1.4 but it is a .11 on
AIX 4.2.1.

Next when configuring the adapter, select the speed that you want the card
to run, Auto-Negotiate doesn't work most of the time.

Finally, upgrade to AIX 4.2 or 4.3. The upgrade is painless.

--
Regards,
Jerry M.

1. AIX at 100Mbit Ethernet ?

What do i need to set my networkcard to 100Mbit. Here is a bull escala
at a 10Mbit network works fine. but it refuses to work with the 100Mbit
network. the chipspecs says it is autodetect so i guess its a driver problem.
Are there the requiered drivers in the std. distribution ?

        walter

--
-----
"The thing is, Doctor, is there anything *I* can do?"

2. Can not find routing way

3. 100MBit ethernet PCI card RealTek 8139

4. sources: UNIX forecast growth?

5. Recommend 10/100Mbit Ethernet Card for EISA (486/33)?

6. Variable substitution within a variable name

7. 100Mbit with 3c574 Fast Ethernet PC Card

8. Strip off last character

9. Acorp 10/100Mbit Fast Ethernet PCMCIA CARD

10. 3c595 100MBit ethernet card speed

11. Recommended 100Mbit Ethernet card?

12. Corman Tech. CT100 FE/ 100MBit PCI Fast Ethernet card & Linux

13. 100Mbit Ethernet Cards Support question.