570 - diagnostic code 004

Post by JK » Wed, 26 Mar 2003 05:14:49

Hi there,

I received a second hand RS6000 machine, type 570.

When I turn it on it gives me the number 004. When I switch it off ,it gives
005.
I do not hear anything spinning, can it be a faulty power-supply?

It does not matter whether I remove the memory, disks, mca cards...

I hope that somebody is willing to help me!

Bye,

570 - diagnostic code 004

Post by The Threaten » Fri, 28 Mar 2003 07:50:33

Quote:>I received a second hand RS6000 machine, type 570.

>When I turn it on it gives me the number 004. When I switch it off ,it gives
>005.
>I do not hear anything spinning, can it be a faulty power-supply?

>It does not matter whether I remove the memory, disks, mca cards...

>I hope that somebody is willing to help me!

Does this code come up straight away or within  a few seconds? If so, it is
power related.

First check though, does it have any disks in it? If you don't have any disks
mounted in the bottom of it, make sure all the connectors that would normally
plug into the fans on the disk mounting brackets, have their terminators
plugged in. One of these not plugged in, will halt your system almost
immediately with similar errors.

If you do have disks installed, does the fan on the disk mounting plate turn at
all when you turn on the system? It may be worth disconnecting the fan and
plugging the terminator in just to see if you have a faulty fan.

--
...so be it, Jedi!
http://members.aol.com/nealskywalker

570 - diagnostic code 004

Post by JK » Mon, 31 Mar 2003 21:05:39

Quote:> Does this code come up straight away or within  a few seconds? If so, it
is
> power related.

I think it's power related. You hear a relais (is this the right english
word?) switching a few times...

Quote:

> First check though, does it have any disks in it? If you don't have any
disks
> mounted in the bottom of it, make sure all the connectors that would
normally
> plug into the fans on the disk mounting brackets, have their terminators
> plugged in. One of these not plugged in, will halt your system almost
> immediately with similar errors.

This could be the problem. I will try this...

Quote:> If you do have disks installed, does the fan on the disk mounting plate
turn at
> all when you turn on the system? It may be worth disconnecting the fan and
> plugging the terminator in just to see if you have a faulty fan.

No fans start turning..

Thank you for your reaction!

Regards,

570 - diagnostic code 004

Post by KJ » Mon, 07 Apr 2003 01:09:03

Hi there,

The solution to the diagnostic error led code 004 is wrong memory board.
(The machine I am using is a IBM RS/6000 570)

The memory board wich are causing this problem are like // \\
The right memory board are like: // //

This message is for people which may find the same problem in the future...

Bye,

1. Sound with IBM ThinkPad 570

Hello

I own an IBM ThinkPad 570 and I'm trying to setup up the sound card
under RedHat 6.0, kernel 2.2.5-22. IBM claims the card is Sound Blaster
Pro compatible but the kernel SB driver does not work and sndconfig does
not detect any known sound card.

Thanks for your help

CR.

2. Uninstalling Linux Red Hat 5.2 ???

3. Cirrus GD7543 - Extensa 570

4. Maple demo -- no graphics!

5. Printing .dvi and .ps files on Epson 570

6. An overview on Solaris for x86

7. Digi Int'l Sync/570 Serial Card - Supported?

8. POSIX replacement for readlink?

9. IBM ThinkPad 570 sound problems

10. 7013-570 and aix5L

11. Which SCSI for my mdl 570?

12. Digi Sync/570 -Supported?

13. Help with TI Extensa 570 Laptop & Linux