how to centralize aix syslog to a windows 2000 server ?

how to centralize aix syslog to a windows 2000 server ?

Post by Laurent CROU » Wed, 09 Apr 2003 17:37:07

Hi,
Do you know a tool to centralize AIX syslog to a windows 2000 server ?

Best Regards.

Post by Rob Kouwenbe » Thu, 10 Apr 2003 06:54:39

> Do you know a tool to centralize AIX syslog to a windows 2000 server ?

You must be joking, right ?

Reliable equipment logging to xbox ?

Post by Mark » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 15:35:43

Do you know a tool to centralize AIX syslog to a windows 2000 server ?

You must be joking, right ?

Reliable equipment logging to xbox ?

-----
This is just too funny.  I can't in good conscience recommend a tool to
consolidate your UNIX logging on a W2K PC.  If you are really determined to
do this you can do a net search for 'windows syslog' and you will find
syslog clones for windows.

"The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day
they start making vacuum cleaners." -Ernst Jan Plugge

Regards,

Mark
-----

how to centralize aix syslog to a windows 2000 server ?

Post by Steve Nottingh » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 23:22:37

You don't need a tool, just do something like:

Where <hostname> is the hostname of your W2K box. This will send the
messages to the syslog daemon on that box. Obviously you will have to
configure the syslog daemon on the W2K box.

Steve

Post by Mark » Mon, 14 Apr 2003 06:47:38

> You don't need a tool, just do something like:

> Where <hostname> is the hostname of your W2K box. This will send the
> messages to the syslog daemon on that box. Obviously you will have to
> configure the syslog daemon on the W2K box.

> Steve

-----
There isn't a 'syslog' daemon on W2K.  The 'tool' mentioned was to allow NT
to accept incoming syslog messages, not for the UNIX boxes..

Cheers,

Mark
-----

how to centralize aix syslog to a windows 2000 server ?

Post by Andre Lorbac » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 18:48:57

Hi,

> > You don't need a tool, just do something like:

> > Where <hostname> is the hostname of your W2K box. This will send the
> > messages to the syslog daemon on that box. Obviously you will have to
> > configure the syslog daemon on the W2K box.

> > Steve

> -----
> There isn't a 'syslog' daemon on W2K.  The 'tool' mentioned was to allow
NT
> to accept incoming syslog messages, not for the UNIX boxes..

You may try www.winsyslog.com, it is a Syslog Server for Win2k which runs as
System Service in background.

best regards,
Andre Lorbach

1. Best Centralized Performance Monitor - Solaris/Linux/AIX/UX/NT-2000..???

Many times I've seen the need to monitor the performance (ie. CPU,
memory, disk, etc..) of multiple servers...running different OS's...

I need advice as to what Performance Monitoring tools are available which
allow you to monitor performance from a single central location across
servers running Solaris/NT-2000/Linux/IBM-AUX/HP-UX. The monitoring
does not have to take place across the Internet, it could be across the
local LAN as well. NT-2000 has such a tool in PerfMon, in that it allows
one to monitor various performance metrics from multiple servers on
single screen...in one central location. But, this only works for the
Microsoft
based OS NT and 2000...I would like to find monitoring tools that work
with the OS's I've listed above.

I did find PAWZ from Compaq (http://www.pawz.ws/about.htm) but are
there any others? Any help would be appreciated...thanks

-mike-

--
PLEASE REPLY BACK TO ME AT:

2. XFree86: BitBLT engine timeout

3. i810 video and X

4. Serial I/O null read problem?

5. connect to aix via windows 2000 server

6. hostid/passwords for ProCompiler

7. Syslog replay script for centralized syslog host

8. Wishlists for Linux AND Windows 2000 (was Re: Wishlists for Linux (vs) Windows 2000)

9. Linux Server and Windows 2000 Server Working Together - Advice Please

10. Linux Server and Windows 2000 Server - Advice Please

11. Learn to Support Windows 2000 Server Apps from Sun Enterprise Servers