IMAP in AIX?

Post by Tim Tyl » Fri, 04 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I turned on imap and I can access email from imap client.  However, I can't
create folders.  Is it possible to create imap folders on an aix server or do
I have to look at another 3rd party imap daemon solution for full imap
support?  I didn't see any configuration files relating to imap other than
starting it up in inetd.conf.  I presume there are none with aix?

Tim Tyler
Network Manager - Beloit College

IMAP in AIX?

Post by Urban A. Haa » Sat, 05 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> I turned on imap and I can access email from imap client.  However, I can't
> create folders.  Is it possible to create imap folders on an aix server or do
> I have to look at another 3rd party imap daemon solution for full imap
> support?  I didn't see any configuration files relating to imap other than
> starting it up in inetd.conf.  I presume there are none with aix?

I believe it only access /var/spool/mail files -- no folder support. I'm only
guessing because you're right, the documentation is kind of non-existant. Not
even a debugging flag. Maybe try running it from stdin/stdout, creating a folder
and seeing what the response is.

--
Urban A. Haas
CEO - Urban Technology, Inc.

Web: http://www.urbantechnology.com

This e-mail was composed of 100% recycled bits.

IMAP in AIX?

Post by Alberto Varesi » Sat, 05 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> > I turned on imap and I can access email from imap client.  However, I can't
> > create folders.  Is it possible to create imap folders on an aix server or do
> > I have to look at another 3rd party imap daemon solution for full imap
> > support?  I didn't see any configuration files relating to imap other than
> > starting it up in inetd.conf.  I presume there are none with aix?

Hi,
I'm using AIX imap with Communicator, and it correctly creates folders inside my
user's home dir. Does your user have a home dir on the server ? Writeable ?
Hope this helps

--
 Alberto Varesio - Certified AIX V4.3 System Support  Phone: +39-011-415-8111
 EDIST Spa - Via Goito 51/A      Riding the world       Fax: +39-0270040-8636

1. Netscape plug-ins on AIX 4

Does anyone know if Netscape supports plug-ins on AIX?  I've a feeling
last time I asked the question they didn't and now they might.

RSVP if you are in the know,

alan
 Alan Donovan, FORE Audio & Video, 14 Regent Street, Cambridge CB2 1DB

2. TSM Performance Problems with AIX ML09

3. Java plug-ins for AIX

4. XFree86 install problems on i740

5. NetScape Plug-Ins for AIX

6. Routing question

7. postfix + cyrus IMAP: central sent-mail folder on IMAP server

8. Hosts File and DHCP Server

9. IMAP on Aix

10. IMAP/SSL on AIX 3.2

11. Compiling apache, imap and php in AIX 4.1.4

12. Imap and Pop3 in AIX

13. Secure imap on aix 4.3.3