mail program doesn't send mail

Post by Ignacio Garci » Thu, 06 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

This is my first contact with this group, hello to everybody!!

I am trying to use AIX 'mail' command and it doesn't send mails
out the box, just within itself. I was told that the previus
administrador of this RS6000 might have modified 'sendmail.cf'.

In what part of this file it is configured the routing of mail
outgoing out of the system?

Thanks in advance

 Ignacio Garcia Ayesta

 BILBAO -SPAIN-

mail program doesn't send mail

Post by My Nam » Thu, 06 Jul 2000 04:00:00

In /etc/sendmail.cf, there is a DS entry for a "smart forwarder" server.
Specify the name, or the IP of your mail server (capable of routing SMTP)
like the following:

DS mail

The help dialog suggests that you seperate the entry with a colon, but this
gave me errors returning a "null hostname" error even though the mail was
being sent.

Hope that this helps.
Chris Blanks

> Hi,

> This is my first contact with this group, hello to everybody!!

> I am trying to use AIX 'mail' command and it doesn't send mails
> out the box, just within itself. I was told that the previus
> administrador of this RS6000 might have modified 'sendmail.cf'.

> In what part of this file it is configured the routing of mail
> outgoing out of the system?

> Thanks in advance

>  Ignacio Garcia Ayesta

>  BILBAO -SPAIN-

1. CDE mailer sends external mail, but mail doesn't

I'm running Solaris 2.6.  If I use the CDE mailer, I can send email
to an account external to my Sun box.  But if I use regular Unix mail to
send to the same account, I get a "host not found" message.  I thought
both of these basically sat on top of sendmail, but apparently not???

Thanks for any help,
Harry Boswell

2. Linux On Dell D-Series PII

3. Can send mail out but can't send mail in?

4. Problems with NFS-Mount!

5. Using mail/Mail to send HTML mail via SMTP

6. Can't find mode

7. robust program for 'sending mail via pop3'

8. Apache/SSL troubles

9. mail-command in crontab (Don't send empty mails)

10. Pine can't send mail, mail can !?

11. Is there a mail program that can read mail (as root) from /var/spool/mail/xxx?

12. mail works Mail doesn't

13. in.pop3d and macintoshes - save mail on server doesn't flag the mail as read