Korn Shell for AIX 1.2?

Post by Bjorn Engs » Tue, 22 Jan 1991 22:50:44

Does anybody know if the Korn Shell is available for AIX 1.2, e.g. with
the latest updates that are discussed so much here?
--

            "Stepping in others footsteps, doesn't bring you ahead"

1. AIX 1.2 is dead (was X server for PS/2 XGA under AIX 1.2)

I have heard from my spies in IBM (comments invited to confirm or deny):

1. PS/2 AIX is dead (no more new versions, except for bug fixes).

2. AIX has not been certified for the PS/2 90 and 95.

3. AIX will never be certified to work on the model 90 and 95.

4. Not said to me, but a conclusion of (3) is no support for XGA.

5. The only way to run Unix on the model 90 and 95 and have IBM's
   blessing is to run SCO's Open Desktop, with which IBM have a licensing
   agreement.

6. Future Unix versions for IBM PS/2s may be SCO's ODT or something similar
   from a joint development between IBM and SCO.

Mark Kosten (who denies having written the above)

2. public domain malloc

3. best korn shell resources and is there a korn shell faq

4. SCO Unix and TCP/IP

5. AIX 3.1 restore program on AIX 1.2?

6. Response to ESIX SVR4 UUCP WOES

7. Setup a Time-out for a Korn shell script in AIX

8. devfs v199.10 available

9. Korn Shell - AIX

10. Trying to run nohup from Korn shell but getting Bourne shell errors

11. c-shell script won't run from korn-shell / SETUID

12. Korn shell vs C-shell

13. Shell Compilers, specifically Korn Shell