GELF on AIX?

Post by Matthew Fish » Fri, 20 Sep 2002 23:55:58

All,

I am looking for some functions that will read XCOFF files. On Solaris
the Gelf_* functions allow reading of various files under the /proc
directory. I need similar functionality under AIX.

I have read and understand the XCOFF file formats as compared to the
ELF formats of Solaris.  I will write a new library if need be but I
would rather reuse some existing code.

As a side note, does anyone understand how to use the /proc/pid/as
file to obtain a handle to the frame ptr and stack ptr in AIX?  I have
it working in Solaris but the registers and stack structure are
different in AIX.

Any help would be appreciated.

--M

GELF on AIX?

Post by Gary R. Hoo » Sat, 21 Sep 2002 12:40:12

> All,

> I am looking for some functions that will read XCOFF files. On Solaris
> the Gelf_* functions allow reading of various files under the /proc
> directory. I need similar functionality under AIX.

> I have read and understand the XCOFF file formats as compared to the
> ELF formats of Solaris.  I will write a new library if need be but I
> would rather reuse some existing code.

Not sure what Gelf_* does, but you might try libld (ldopen, etc)

--
Gary R. Hook / AIX PartnerWorld for Developers / These opinions are MINE

1. AIX anonymous FTP list, and porting to AIX FAQ

        It seems that I have been spending half my life porting software to our RS/6000 computers.  It is time to ease the pain for myself and others!

        I am building an anonymous ftp list for AIX.  Everyone who
has software ported to AIX available via anonymous ftp should send me
mail describing the ftp address, what is available, which version of
the operating system, what hardware is required, and where it is.  In
addition I'm starting a "Porting to AIX FAQ" which will describe how
to port specific packages to the RS/6000.  I encourage people to send
me Makefiles, scripts and READMEs specific to porting RS6000 software.

        I almost always get my incoming mail.  My outgoing mail is
broken (the "feature" of using a relay host will not be not be in
sendmail until AIX 3.2 according to my SE.)  In a few weeks I will be able to put the ftp list on anonymous ftp.  Right now our new main server is on order (the PO has been cut) so I will wait until it shows up.

--
Frederick Staats

(408) 459-3575
Santa Cruz Institute for Particle Physics
University of California at Stanta Cruz

2. Selfmade CD-ROMs with Linux

3. Upgrading from AIX 4.3.2 to AIX 4.3.3

4. Mistakenly, I typed "rm -r /bin" !!!

5. Upgrading from AIX 4.3.3 to AIX 5.1

6. Help extract files from tape

7. AIX 4.3.3 or AIX 4.3.2

8. MCE Error - 2.5.24 - Whats this?

9. AIX 4.2 vs AIX 4.3

10. AIX smit Re: Solaris vs AIX

11. How to map CECP <-> AIX Code for tn3270 for AIX 3.2?

12. Running AIX 4.3 application on AIX 5.0

13. AIX newbie: How to find hardware/sofware configurations in AIX?