How to log into AIX without root password?

How to log into AIX without root password?

Post by f » Sat, 12 Apr 2003 03:46:59

How to log into AIX without root password, of course I have access to
the machine. Could anybody explain it step by step?

Post by da » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 00:35:23

> How to log into AIX without root password, of course I have access to
> the machine. Could anybody explain it step by step?

You would need to boot from AIX cdrom or mksysb tape.  Press F1 (or 1
on ascii terminal) during boot up to get to the SMS menu.  Or press F5
(or 5 on ascii) to use the predefined service mode boot list.

-dan