Aix 1.3 Installation

Post by Nicola » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 22:25:25

Hi,

I've never installed AIX before, but I know a little bit Linux and Sco
OpenServer.
I've managed to get AIX v1.3 for PS/2, but I have 40 directories with .img
files inside. What should I do in order to install AIX on a PS/2 ? I hope I
don't have to put each .img file on a floppy :-(

Thanks for your help

Nicolas

Aix 1.3 Installation

Post by Hans-Joachim Ehler » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 22:34:37

Quote:> Hi,

> I've never installed AIX before, but I know a little bit Linux and Sco
> OpenServer.
> I've managed to get AIX v1.3 for PS/2, but I have 40 directories with .img
> files inside. What should I do in order to install AIX on a PS/2 ? I hope
> don't have to put each .img file on a floppy :-(

I think you have to. Be a happy disk changer.

Hajo

Aix 1.3 Installation

Post by Michiel Roo » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 22:44:27

Quote:> > I've never installed AIX before, but I know a little bit Linux and Sco
> > OpenServer.
> > I've managed to get AIX v1.3 for PS/2, but I have 40 directories with .img
> > files inside. What should I do in order to install AIX on a PS/2 ? I hope
> > don't have to put each .img file on a floppy :-(

> I think you have to. Be a happy disk changer.

 You probably don't need all the disks. Just boot with the first image and then
write the other image files to floppy as the installer asks for them. You'll
probably be able to skip quite a few (or not, this is just a guess :)

  greetings,
    Michiel

Aix 1.3 Installation

Post by Lee Dilwort » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 22:45:40

AIX 1.3 !!!!!! jeeeesuz where did you get that ? u  r into archaeology right
?

 :)

Aix 1.3 Installation

Post by Gereon Wenze » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 23:24:45

You may try comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware
There are several guys there involved in AIX on PS/2

Gereon W.

Nicolas schrieb:

Quote:

> Hi,

> I've never installed AIX before, but I know a little bit Linux and Sco
> OpenServer.
> I've managed to get AIX v1.3 for PS/2, but I have 40 directories with .img
> files inside. What should I do in order to install AIX on a PS/2 ? I hope I
> don't have to put each .img file on a floppy :-(

> Thanks for your help

> Nicolas

Aix 1.3 Installation

Post by Martin Etteldor » Thu, 01 Aug 2002 00:11:02

Hi Nicolas,

> Hi,

> I've never installed AIX before, but I know a little bit Linux and Sco
> OpenServer.
> I've managed to get AIX v1.3 for PS/2, but I have 40 directories with .img
> files inside. What should I do in order to install AIX on a PS/2 ? I hope I
> don't have to put each .img file on a floppy :-(

Where did you get it from? I had a complete diskset once but after
moving to a new city I didn't find it again.
Would it be possible to supply me with a copy? My PS/2 P70 running
AIX 1.2 is waiting for a fresh install for almost 5 years now ;-)

Regards,

                Martin.

--
  Donec eris sospes, multos numerabis amicos:
  Tempora si fuerint nubila, solus eris.

1. 3c509 and 1.3.6x/1.3.7x

OK, after installing 1.3.68/69/70/71 and getting such severe problems
with eth0: timeout, eth0: infinate loop in interrupt, and eth0: locking
up I went in and put an NE2000 compatable card in the box and all the
errors disappeared instantly.  Therefore, this is definately a 3c509
driver problem (these cards test fine in a DOS box, with both the 3com
testing program, and also a testing kit throwing 10MB/set looped at it).

2. libwhosis.so and ldconfig

3. Diff. between SunOS4.1.3_U1 and SunOS4.1.3_U1 VB

4. help on xterm

5. Java 1.3 installation

6. Linux and a LaserWriter IINTX

7. Red Hat Linux 5.1 - Caldera OpenLinux 1.3 installation: need assistance (London)

8. New 383 Meg Seagate Hard Drives $269.00

9. installation of 1.3.x

10. Caldera 1.3 Installation {Help Please} Partitions

11. LSing and More'ing after installation of Caldera 1.3

12. Caldera Open Linux 1.3 Fips ; installation probs help please ;-)

13. 1.3.x installation