F5 not working then is it correct way????

F5 not working then is it correct way????

Post by sasa que » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 16:24:27

Dears .
I have got a Pxxx machine with GXT4500P adapter and graphical display.
Problem is that the monitor continues to  become blank after one or
two minutes periodically.There is no screen saver etc.
Another problem is that F5 not recognized on keyboard.And so
maintainenece mode not being invoked ........Now to upgrade 5.1 to 5.2
i have to boot from CD.
what i am planning to use bootlist -om normal cd0 hdisk1 command to
force the system to boot from CDROM (AIX installation media)
Is it correct way to do so???
Guide me
SASA

F5 not working then is it correct way????

Post by Steve Nottingh » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 22:20:29

Quote:> Dears .
> I have got a Pxxx machine with GXT4500P adapter and graphical display.
> Problem is that the monitor continues to  become blank after one or
> two minutes periodically.There is no screen saver etc.
> Another problem is that F5 not recognized on keyboard.And so
> maintainenece mode not being invoked ........Now to upgrade 5.1 to 5.2
> i have to boot from CD.
> what i am planning to use bootlist -om normal cd0 hdisk1 command to
> force the system to boot from CDROM (AIX installation media)
> Is it correct way to do so???
> Guide me
> SASA

Nope. That will show the bootlist.

You need to do: bootlist -m normal cd0 hdisk1

Alternatively you can press F5 when you here the beep from the speaker.

Steve

1. .netrc not working (.netrc file not correct mode)

I cannot figure out why it is 'not correct mode:

testweb - /export/wlserver> ftp bighost.com
Connected to bighost.com.
220 sunprod1 FTP server (SunOS 5.8) ready.
Error - .netrc file not correct mode.
Remove password or correct mode.
221 Goodbye.
ftp> bye

testweb - /export/wlserver> cat .netrc

machine bighost.com
login bighost
password bighostpass

macdef update_production
        cd deploy
        bin
        put test.lst
        quit

testweb - /export/wlserver> ls -al .netrc
-rwxrwxrwx   1 wlserver wladmin      128 Jul 16 17:50 .netrc

--
- The_Duck

2. Inews looking incorrectly for an nntp server

3. openssl0.9.5a work not correct

4. nfs mount

5. 4th Ethernet Card does not work correct

6. question on recursive mutex

7. I can not get ARP to work, even though /proc/net/arp is correct!

8. gpcp works if I am running as `root' but not otherwise.

9. IPNAT Not working I am an idiot

10. Am I correct?

11. Am I in the correct newsgroup?

12. "who am i" doesn't give correct info