burn mksysb images to cd

Post by Wouter Coppe » Thu, 24 Oct 2002 17:58:44

Hey,

I have created an mksysb image on my AIX machine, but there's no cd
writer connected to it.
Can I burn the image on another machine? I have a lot of Windows and
Linux machines around. Can I burn the images on cd using one of these?
And if yes, what is the best program to do this? And can I also make
the image bootables?

Thnx,

Wouter

burn mksysb images to cd

Post by Andreas Fun » Thu, 24 Oct 2002 21:09:25

> Hey,

> I have created an mksysb image on my AIX machine, but there's no cd
> writer connected to it.
> Can I burn the image on another machine? I have a lot of Windows and
> Linux machines around. Can I burn the images on cd using one of these?
> And if yes, what is the best program to do this? And can I also make
> the image bootables?

> Thnx,

> Wouter

On AIX 4.3.3 and newer you can create bootable cd images with mkcd. See
/usr/samples/oemcdwriters and the manpage for mkcd.

Andreas

burn mksysb images to cd

Post by Rob » Wed, 13 Nov 2002 15:43:53

I do it all the time.  I use ezcd creator.  Just ftp it to the windows
pc that has the cd writer on it.  You may have to add the .iso
extension for ezcd creator to recognize the file as an iso image. Be
sure to test a the cd after you burn it to make sure it is bootable.
I remember having some problem depending upon the ftp method. I found
using Internet Explorer on the windows box works reliably as an ftp
client for this purpose.

Rob

> Hey,

> I have created an mksysb image on my AIX machine, but there's no cd
> writer connected to it.
> Can I burn the image on another machine? I have a lot of Windows and
> Linux machines around. Can I burn the images on cd using one of these?
> And if yes, what is the best program to do this? And can I also make
> the image bootables?

> Thnx,

> Wouter

1. Making a tape mksysb from an SP mksysb image

Hello

My PB is the following

I have to clone a standalone 6H1 equipped with a 4mm tape, from
another 6H1 which is node of an SP and which does not own a tape !
The consequence is that my source mksysb is a file that is recorded in
/spdata/sys1/install/aixxxx/images

How will I copy this file to a tape to create the correct mksysb tape
that could be used to restore on my target machine ?

2. Welcome to comp.unix.shell [Frequent posting]

3. mksysb image to a cd?

4. Command line graphics processing apps for Linux?

5. Can't burn autoloading CD and vmlinuz is "not an Image file"

6. network card

7. how to burn ftp image of SuSE Linux 6.0 on CD's?

8. newbie Apache error help

9. help burning cd image

10. Burning .iso CD-Images with Toast?

11. Burning a CD image slow down my connection

12. RedHat 5.2: Burned bootable ISO image for Setup boots, but fails to initialize cd - HELP!

13. Where can I d/l a slackware 3.5 image to burn into a cd-rom?