Missing Key - RS6000 - Need Maint - Fix Bootlist

Missing Key - RS6000 - Need Maint - Fix Bootlist

Post by Charles William » Thu, 01 Mar 2001 07:05:11

Thanks All - was able to get the key switch off (the lock also held the
case - 7011-250 model) and took the switch apart until we can figure out
what we want to do with this system

Quote:> I inherited a RS6000 running AIX - I boot the silly machine and get a
> 223/229 error which according to the manual - need to go to maintenance
mode
> and fix the bootlist record.

> Only problem, no key to switch to maint mode - any ideas????

> I have AIX Floppies and CD's and bootable tape - does note seem to work in
> NORMAL mode

1. bootlist missing

Hi! I found problem booting AIX. Whenever i try to reboot
the machine, it will prompt me set the boot sequence. I
don't know what happening for the machine. Can someone tell
me why? Thanks in advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Where can I find libXm.so ?

3. missing bootlist

4. set_current_state(); vs current->state = bla;

5. maint update leads to missing disk space??

6. NCSA 1.4.1 NOT updating access_log file

7. Need Key Swith for rs6000 7011-4033+

8. Dlink Dhn-520 phoneline adapter in linux

9. Need Key Switch For Rs6000 7011-250

10. Cannot fix missing '..' in inode - need help

11. Need Maint. Suppl. ver. 4.2

12. AIX 4.3.3 maint levels ... need info

13. Need keyboard with <CTRL> key next to <A> key.