ascii -> postscript

Post by perl.. » Tue, 23 Feb 1993 01:17:07

Thanks to all who recommended the enscript command
so that I could convert ascii to postscipt files, but ..
enscipt is not on my system.  I have the aix 3.2.3 tape,
can someone advise me how to selectively install enscript
without endangering the system?  Or can I copy it from
another installation?

Thanks again, Rich.

ascii -> postscript

Post by Ronald S. Wo » Tue, 23 Feb 1993 03:20:25

>Thanks to all who recommended the enscript command
>so that I could convert ascii to postscipt files, but ..
>enscipt is not on my system.  I have the aix 3.2.3 tape,
>can someone advise me how to selectively install enscript
>without endangering the system?  Or can I copy it from
>another installation?

You may be able to copy it from another installation as long as it is
at 3.2+, but you should be able to just install txtfmt.ts.obj from the
tape. Then again, I am in the hardware side of the street so what
would I know?

+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +

1. Looking for ascii -> Postscript filter other than mp

Greetings,

Can anyone recommend an ascii -> Postscript filter other than mp?  It does
the job OK, but I've had a lot of complaints about the header and trailer
that it puts on every page that I can't seem to suppress.

Thanks in advance.

2. E-mail to Solaris: Local configuration error?

3. RTF -> Postscript or RTF -> PDF -> Postscript ?

4. SunVideo problems

5. HTML-->PostScript, PDF, pure ASCII via HP-UX cgi

6. Multimedia Authoring Systems for Linux

7. Printing PostScript: Win95 -> FreeBSD -> Samba -> GS -> HP LJIII

8. semaphores in Solaris vs Linux

9. PostScript -> NeWSprint ->PCL -> RM printer?

10. MSWord Headers/Footers >> ascii text file

11. >>Ascii Chr. Please<<

12. sendfax: ascii->G3, ps->G3

13. GDSII<->PostScript<->HPGL translation pgms wanted