diag cdrom / rs6k 550

Post by Thomas Goebe » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 15:37:33

Hi,

can anybody tell me where i can get the "standalone diag-cdrom".

Problem:
Our rs6k-550 doesn`t boot, because of a harddisk problem.
The IBM technican had a cdrom to boot a small AIX with "diag" to determine hardware problems.
And that cdrom i need.

Regards,
Thomas

Leonrodstr.46-47,            Tel:    +49-9824-951-106
90599 Dietenhofen,           Fax:    +49-9824-951-222
Germany                      WWW:    http://www.herpa.de

diag cdrom / rs6k 550

Post by Martin Etteldor » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 23:58:04

> Hi,

> can anybody tell me where i can get the "standalone diag-cdrom".

> Problem:
> Our rs6k-550 doesn`t boot, because of a harddisk problem.
> The IBM technican had a cdrom to boot a small AIX with "diag" to determine hardware problems.
> And that cdrom i need.

Put in your AIX CD, set the key on your machine to "Diag" (or "Wartung")
and boot it up. Choose "Diagnostic Routines" or "Advanced Diagnostic
Routines" from the menu.

                Martin.

--
  Omnia mutantur, nihil interit.

1. SSA Periodic Diag and diag diffs in AIX-433 and AIX-510

If one goes into: diag => Task Selection => Periodic Diagnostics, in AIX-433
one can add the sysplanar, ioplanar, various SCSI adapters and devices to
the list of resources to be monitored. In AIX-510, however, the resource list
consists exclusively of the PROCESSORS. Why[1]? In 433 there is a "run_ela"
crontab entry that's absent in 510. Why[2]?

Another question related to diag: It seems that SSA disks are handeled
differently,as diag runs agains them via crontab entries, such as run_ssa_ela.
I believe that script supposed to send an email when a redundant SSA disk fails.
Days ago, a disk in a mirrored setup (within a six-pack) dropped out but no
notification was sent. The event did get logged in errlog, though.

All of my questions lead to this one: How can I configure the system to send me
(root, ssa_adm) an email when an SSA disk, or any other piece of HW fails?

Thanks Gang,    -Bela

2. Mail forwarding

3. CDROM for RS6k 320

4. Remove blank lines from a file.

5. Anyone used a comtrol hostess 550 (8-port) successfully?

6. Help installing SCO 3.2v4.2

7. 550 Rejected: Cannot route to sender (RHL 7.2)

8. PAM unresolved symbol problems

9. Help with ftp server config - 550: Permission Denied (Upload Dirs)

10. RIVA TNT VIPER 550

11. Good Ole sendmail 550 error...

12. Problems on setting up a HP DJ-550

13. Millenium G200 vs Viper 550