Samba Printing to PC

Post by Mark S Ros » Fri, 10 Nov 2000 04:00:00

How do I print from my RISC box to a printer mounted on my pc?  My pc's see
the RICS box and I can write to the directories I allow.

Thanks,
Mark

Samba Printing to PC

Post by helene sim » Fri, 10 Nov 2000 04:00:00

This works for us:
smitty print
add
remote
standard
name of que  ---
host name  NT name only
name of que    Nt printer
Type of Print  BSD

> How do I print from my RISC box to a printer mounted on my pc?  My pc's see
> the RICS box and I can write to the directories I allow.

> Thanks,
> Mark

Samba Printing to PC

Post by bo » Sat, 11 Nov 2000 04:00:00

If you are not using lpd then you will have to use samba and setup a
custom interface script for it.

send thru a sample script and the change to /etc/qconfig for it

we have 30+ printers doing this, 3 of which are between unix
servers across a slow link and we compress the files inbetween,
works nicely

brett